Saturday 17 October 2015

Talking about it - not doing it yet...

Writing that is. But at least I'm talking about it - with other writers. Things I have talked about doing are:

  1. Going on a writing course again. Arvon, I say, I'll check their catalogue of goodies. Then I don't.
  2. What about this one in Portugal, one of my writer friends suggests. It looks amazing , is rather expensive and I seize on that as an excuse not to look at it further. However I sense that I am just being an idiot and these are cold feet I am exhibiting, not valid reasons.
  3. Let's hire something cheap and cheerful on Air B&B and not too far away, says another writer friend, and we'll shut ourselves away from it all and just write for a couple of days. This one seems really do-able: not to long (has to fit in with the day job) not too costly (obvious reasons).
  4. I glance between the Portugal option (fabulous expert tutor, Jill Dawson and gorgeous location) and the Air B&B option (near and cheap and short but no tutor) and come up with a brainwave:
  5. Hey, I say to the writer friend - why don't we spend the AirB&B money on hiring ourselves a fabulous writing tutor to come and give us our own writing workshop in one of our front rooms? Oh dear. It seemed like a good idea as I said it.

No comments:

Post a Comment